IT Essential v4.1 Chapter 6
1. What is meant by a laptop device being hot-swappable?
*The laptop does not need to be powered off to install or remove the device.
2. Where can a technician change the power schemes on a laptop running Windows XP?
*Select Power Options from within the Control Panel.
3. What is the proper way to clean optical drives?
*Use a cleaning disc for optical drives.
4. Which generation of cell-phone standards was the first to deal with how to send and receive text, photographs, and video?
5. Which name is given to the collection of settings that control the power settings of a laptop?
6. Refer to the exhibit. What is the correct order of steps to remove a laptop battery?
*2, 3, 4, 1
7. A technician is responding to a helpdesk ticket for a laptop that has a distorted image of the Windows desktop. What is one possible solution?
*Obtain an updated display driver from the laptop manufacturer.
8. Which three components are interchangeable between desktop and laptop computers? (Choose three.)
*USB flash drive
9. Refer to the exhibit. A laptop has these graphics on specific keys on the keyboard. Which key would be used in conjunction with the Fn key to connect a laptop to an external monitor?
10. What power mode is commonly known in the Windows environment as suspend mode?
11. Which Windows XP or Vista control panel is used to reduce power when the computer has not been used by anyone for an hour?
12. Which two characteristics make laptops a better choice than desktop computers? (Choose two.)
13. During the set up of a network connection, which option can be double-clicked to configure an IP address on an Ethernet NIC?
*TCP/IP or TCP/IPv4
14. Which type of interface do current laptops use to achieve similar expansion capabilities as desktops?
15. Which two actions should be performed to clean the surface of CDs and DVDs? (Choose two.)
*Use a lint-free cotton cloth.
*Wipe the disc from the center outward.
16. Which two devices can be individually configured within Windows XP to power off after the laptop has been idle for a given period of time? (Choose two.)
17. A technician is replacing a laptop SODIMM. With what component is the technician working?
18. Which internal laptop component may be designed as a hot-swappable device?
19. Which two devices are commonly hot-swappable on laptops? (Choose two.)
20. How should a hot-swappable device normally be removed from a laptop?
*Use the Safely Remove Hardware systray icon.
21. Which option within the Windows Control Panel is used to install a modem?
*Phone and Modem Options
22. Which display technology is most commonly found in modern laptop computers?
23. Which two laptop ports are used primarily for communication and network connectivity? (Choose two.)
24. What feature is provided by an auto-switching power supply on a laptop?
*The laptop can switch from AC input power or battery-provided power instantaneously.
25. A technician has been called in to troubleshoot a laptop that fails to power on. The technician repeatedly pushes the power button without any results. What should the technician do next?
*Attach the AC adapter.
26.What is the major difference between desktop and laptop motherboards?
*Desktop motherboards typically have a standard form factor and are interchangeable while laptop motherboards are proprietary.
27. Which three components commonly connect to USB or FireWire ports? (Choose three.)
28. Refer to the exhibit. Which two form factors are supported by the devices shown in the graphic? (Choose two.)